Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jerry Ong

is been a long time since i cry.

These few days i was in the wake of my grandpa, Jerry Ong. he was a catholic. church members, priest and relatives gathered everyday to pray for my grandpa.

and today was the funeral itself. we walk a distance with my grandpa before we proceed to the church to pray for him. soon after, we were at mandai awaiting for the cremation. as we present him flowers on his coffin and take a look at him one last time. tears gathered rapidly around my eyes. there was this sudden sadness fill within me. "this is the last time i going to see him" i thought to myself.

as he was push into cremation. my uncle and aunt, my cousins and sister, my dad and i couldnt hold our tears as we all begin to cry. that point of time, i truly felt and understand how is it to lose someone dearly.


"the best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart." - helen keller, 1880-1968

it wasnt a good feeling. as we went back after the ceremony. i couldnt stop thinking. my tears couldnt stop. i couldnt stop wondering: "have i treat my love ones good enough and with respect when they are still alive.."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh god. So sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. My deepest condolences to you.